Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

ACL Rundown

Thursday, October 8, 2009

I don't have a lot of time but wanted to give a brief synopsis of ACL (below & c/p from an earlier e-mail). Three days of music, booze, mud, booze and more mud. Yea. Lots of rain. And did I mention mud? Spent some after hours time here and here. Did some prep work here with $1 mimosas. Injured my toe...avoided toe amputation and most certain death...and still had the best weekend ever.

Impressed: Avett Bros*, Phoenix, Andrew Bird, Dr Dog, Thievery Corporation, Ghostland Observatory - would probably never buy their album but they put on an awesome show. Citizen Cope, Bon Iver, Bell X1, Airborne Toxic Event, Arctic Monkeys, Cotton Jones*, Pearl Jam, The Dead Weather - Jack White's new band...I'm not a fan of the White Stripes but they weren't that bad. Brett Dennen, State Radio *- the lead singer is from Dispatch, whom I love! Matt Morris, Michael Franti & Spearhead - fun for a night out, lots of energy & covers. Raul Malo*, Jesse Woods *- reminds me of Dylan

Disappointed:
KoL - still very bitter about this- acoustics were AWFUL. I'll be looking for them on tour tho b/c their new album has pwn'd me for the last year; I've yet to tire of it. Really bummed b/c 5 min after we left the show, Eddie Vedder came out and jammed with them. Will be my FML moment for a LONG TIME. Argh! DMB - was not impressed as a first time concert goer. He didn't play for the entire allotted time and didn't do any of the 'good' stuff; very disappointing. Flogging Molly - I like some of their stuff but everything sounds the same. Meh. The Decemberists - again, really bitter...they played almost all tracks of their latest album, which I'm not a fan of. But I had to laugh...one of the dudes was wearing a black sequined DRESS. *died* and The Greencards

*New bands for me that I'll continue to listen to.


I'll update my playlist later with some new music to reflect my experience at ACL.

cheerio!

1 comments:

Kelly C said...

Best weekend ever!